Look for opportunities to combine two or more types of possessions into one. This will save money, space, and enable us to get more value out of the things we own. Technology has been assisting in this process since the invention of the computer.
- Pot holder and oven mitt (same thing).
- Game console and computer.
- Photo album, music, movies, and computer.
- Toothbrush and bathtub scrub brush ….. just kidding (yuck).
- Game console and streaming online TV.
- Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Thanks to the invention of mobile APPS (applications), we are able to merge lots and lots of things to exist digitally on our mobile devices (or computers). Thanks to the convenience of Apps, we do not need to own any of the following possessions:
- Calendar (with reminders)
- Mobile music player (MP3 player)
- GPS device
- Alarm clock
- Game console
- Audio recorder
- Social media connection
- Information portal (news, weather, etc)
- and oh yeah ….. phone
- SO MUCH MORE. Anything that doesn’t need to be physical, has an app associated with it.
All of these possessions can just be applications on a mobile device.