I can’t speak for everybody, but I believe I can speak for most when I say that Christmas is all about the small moments we experience with family and friends, or sometimes just by our self that fill us with joy.
- It’s inhaling the smell of fresh pine, or balsam fir.
- It’s coming into the home from the freezing cold to a cup of hot coco.
- It’s gazing at the flashing Christmas lights on our tree.
- It’s watching the look of joy on the children’s faces at the wonderful gifts Santa brought them.
- It’s cuddling up with our Honey Baby Cookie Sugar in front of the fire (or Yule log video on the TV in my case) under a warm blanket.
- It’s what happens after we’ve been cuddling a while (you know what I’m talking about).
- It’s watching our favorite holiday movie for the 200th time and still finding it hilarious.
- It’s embracing our children, and singing Christmas carols together.
These are the moments that make the holidays special. Let’s put aside our consumerist ways and focus on having more of these moments.